Roys Recovery Thankyou to Carlton Sam Docherty
April 30, 2018
Thankyou to our special guest Carlton Vice Captain Sam Docherty who attended our Roys Recovery on Sunday 29th April and was interviewed by the legend himself, Marco Donnini.
Sam spoke about:
- How his love for football truly defined his career.
- His love for his junior football club where his father coached him to a premiership is still one of his greatest highlights.
- He is still mates with a lot of the boys he played junior footy with.
- He became a running half back flanker because he was too small to be in the midfield.
- His advice to junior boys and girls is to truly work on skills.
- That carb loading is important – which is code to go and eat pasta at Donnini’s where you will find Marco Donnini, who thinks he is the unofficial coach of Carlton (although he has only coached Under 9 & 10 at Fitzroy).
Thanks also to our MC (Master of Comic Relief) Matt Drew.