Roys Recovery & Anzac Day Recognition – Sunday 23rd April
April 20, 2017
Welcome to all our past, present and new families to the 2017 Season.
Teams are ready, Coaches are ready, Children are ready…and so is the Roys Recovery set for Fitzroy Bowling Club this Sunday evening from 5.30pm to 8.30pm.
An opportunity to get together with our Roys community and share the tall and small stories.
In recognition of Anzac Day – Our Special Guest Speaker: 94 year old Digger – Allan Godfrey will say a few words with our MC John Harms.
Allan grew up in Fitzroy, and barracked for Fitzroy. He has fond memories of Brunswick Street Oval. He fought in numerous places during World War II. He has been an active member of the RSL all of his life, especially in the western suburbs of Melbourne.
It’s also a great excuse not to have to cook dinner, as the Bowling Club starts dinner service at around 5.30pm.
Children are not permitted on the Bowling Greens:
- Younger children can watch a supervised movie upstairs.
- Older children can have a kick on Brunswick Street Oval under lights.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
ROYS RECOVERY DATES
1 Round 1 23/Apr/17 Anzac Recognition
2 Round 2 30/Apr/17 Umpires Appreciation
3 Round 4 14/May 17 Mother’s Day (Lucia Hair)
4 Round 6 28/May/17 Indigenous Round
5 Round 8 18/Jun/17 League Reps (Jellis Craig)
6 Round 11 16/Jul/17 Girls Round (Chemist Warehouse)
7 Round 14 6/Aug/17 End of Minor Round
8 Semi Finals 13/Aug/17 Semi Finals
9 Prelim Finals 20/Aug/17 Preliminary Finals
10 Grand Final 27/Aug/17 Grand Final
11 Present Day 10/Sep/17 Season End Presentation
BISTRO MENU $20
- FITZROY LIONS PARMA hand crumbed breast fillet, mozzarella, crisp prosciutto, tomato salsa
- 250g SIRLOIN STEAK red wine sauce, mushroom chutney
- WAGU BEEF BURGER swiss cheese, bacon, beetroot & onion marmalade
- FISH & CHIPS barramundi fillet, beer batter, garlic aioli
- ALL MEALS SERVED WITH BEER BATTER CHIPS AND SALAD
- CHILDRENS MENU AVAILABLE