2017 Coaches Wanted
November 29, 2016
The selection of coaches for FJFC teams is a critical process that requires a diligent, robust and transparent process. The club has a Coach Development Subcommittee that has overseen the recruitment and selection of coaches for a number of years and our Parent/Player Feedback Survey suggests that this has contributed to improvements in coaching at the club. We are delighted to announce the Coach Development Subcommittee with some new members joining experienced hands under the leadership of our Coaching Director (Matty Drew) and Coach Coordinator (Inger Pearce):
- Michael Pickering – ex AFL player and prior Fitzroy Seniors coach
- David Levens – ICC Umpire Coach, AFL Umpire Mentor and Former AFL Umpires Coach
- Paul Harris – experienced Junior Premiership Coach and Northern Region 2016 Coach of the Year finalist
- Julie Savage – Game Development Committee Cricket Australia/Victoria, Chair of Selectors for Women’s National Cricket
- Lance McKain – Experienced Junior Football and Basketball Coach
See FJFC Coach Development Subcommittee for further information about our esteemed subcommittee members and the committee structure and roles.
FJFC is seeking applications for coaches and assistant coaches for our 2017 season teams. If you love football and think you would enjoy the rewarding challenge of coaching a team – please complete the FJFC Coach Application Form and submit asap. Applications close Friday December 9, 2016.